The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Production Scheduler / Planner opportunity, you will have:
- 2 to 5 years of experience in production control, planning and/or scheduling
- Experience with manufacturing resource planning
- Strong computer savvy, including:
- Familiarity with ERP systems; experience with JDE is strongly preferred
- Solid Excel skills
- Basic familiarity with inventory control and supply chain
- Demonstrated skills in analyzing material and production data and requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong self-motivation
- Solid reasoning and problem-solving abilities
- A meticulous detail orientation
- Experience with a system implementation, major upgrade, etc.
- A bachelor's degree
- APICS certification
- Familiarity with continuous improvement methods (lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.)
The RoleReporting to the Production Control Supervisor, you will join a team of four with various responsibilities. You'll take point on scheduling orders and ensuring each department operates at full capacity. We're implementing JDE early in October, so you will learn new tools and processes along with the rest of the team.
You'll need to monitor each department, particularly regarding capacity. Your planning will depend on a constantly shifting picture, so you'll leverage your analytical skills to identify trends and create forecasts to support your decisions. There are many departments and a great deal of interaction among them. Departments include adhesive gasketing, millworks, automatic door bottoms, steel hinges, aluminum hinges and others.
More specifically, you will:
- Create and maintain a schedule that efficiently utilizes the available manufacturing resources to meet customer demand and to maintain optimal inventory levels of finished goods.
- Define production schedules for all work centers to optimize customer satisfaction
- Maintain data in JDE including, but not limited to, lead times, department schedules and department capacity
- Monitor inventory levels to help assure commodity, parts or product availability to assure continuous production
- Analyze any discrepancies in data
- Regularly report performance against key measures and metrics
- Handle other duties as assigned
Pictured: PEMKO's Double Swing Hinge with Emergency Release Stop is an innovative healthcare solution that permits quick door opening in an emergency situation. A double swing continuous geared hinge is combined with an emergency release stop to provide additional safety features that are easy to use and help minimize risk.
What's in It for YouProfessional and career development
This is a résumé-building role allowing you to grow your skills and learn our business. Once you have proven yourself here, you might pursue a career path into supply chain or other functional areas. PEMKO provides a number of development opportunities through internal and external training, peer interaction and more.
Make an impact
A strong Scheduler / Planner can have a significant influence on our operations and on our bottom line. In addition, you will support the implementation of JDE and new processes.
Investing in success
We are making significant investments in the tools and technology needed to enhance and grow our business. The JDE implementation is just one example -- change is constant and you'll continue to learn and grow.
Throughout PEMKO and ASSA ABLOY we've created a culture that allows talented, energetic people to flourish. That culture includes a strong belief in the value our products and solutions deliver, an emphasis on integrity and an appreciation for the power of teamwork. These are just some of the reasons we have very low turnover; people like working here.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with company match; flexible spending plans; paid time off; tuition reimbursement and more.
Pictured: Pemko's G80 Hardware Kit is designed for single or bi-parting sliding glass panels. It's made 304 stainless steel and features nylon-coated stainless steel wheels for smooth operation.
Keys to SuccessAs you can see, this role involves juggling a lot of information and constantly revising the big picture. At the same time, you will need to manage a great many details and to understand how those details fit into the big picture. To stay on top of it all, you'll need to communicate extensively with the various departments. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Production Control Scheduler / Planner, you will have:
- High energy and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- A results orientation
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Self-motivation and the ability to achieve goals independently
- Flexibility and adaptability as priorities change and as Pemko continues to evolve
About UsPEMKO Manufacturing Company is an ASSA ABLOY Group company leading the industry in gasketing, thresholds, continuous hinges, lites, louvers, and sliding and folding door hardware since 1952.
PEMKO is part of ASSA ABLOY Americas, which manufactures and sells mechanical and electromechanical locks, cylinders, doors and door frames in North and South America. ASSA ABLOY Americas has 9,400 employees and divisional management is based in New Haven, Connecticut, U.S.A. Some of the division's leading brands are Ceco, Corbin Russwin, Curries, Emtek, Medeco, Phillips, SARGENT and La Fonte.
Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, ASSA ABLOY is the strongest global player in the door opening industry, with over 150 companies operating in more than 40 countries and over 10 percent of the world market. ASSA ABLOY's mission is to provide complete opening solutions, backed by value-added services, to help people feel safer and more secure, thus creating more freedom in their lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer -- M/F/V/D.
Video: Like all of ASSA ABLOY, Pemko is committed to providing products and services that are environmentally sound throughout the entire production process and the product lifecycle. Our unconditional aim is to make sustainability a central part of our business philosophy and culture, but even more important is the job of integrating sustainability into our business strategy.